Say it & Mail it
Fix - If there were any contacts within a group that did not have an email address, the whole group was not used and you would get a popup message saying “No Email Addresses found in group”
Fix - Map Display Error, "Staticmap API v1 has been depreciated"
Google stopped supporting version 1 of the Google Static Map in January 2016
Fixed with Say it & Mail it version 7.2 which now supports the V2 API
Works with iLauncher and other apps that use URL's to launch apps.
The URL is SayitMailit://
New iOS7 interface.
Fix - Name and Email intermittently get cleared.
Fix - Rare instance of blank 4k audio recording file.
Changed startup screen to make it easier to tell when the app has fully launched.
Fixed a bug where if you tap on the group icon while recording and it warns you that you must stop recording first, after you hit OK the bottom toolbar was not coming back so you could not stop recording.
1. Toolbar at bottom of the screen was not hiding when other windows were open.
2. When proximity recording was off and you held the phone to your ear while recording, if your ear touched the screen, it would stop recording.
3. If no Groups were found in the groups window, the app would crash when you tapped Done.
Fix - Buttons at the bottom of the screen and also the info icon would not work on iPhone 5 screen.
Getting ready for iOS 7
App Icon was shifted down with iOS 7
The map icon was shifted to the left and had L. to the right of the icon.
Feature - Added a preference option, "Always Email to a Group". (tapping on the microphone can now email your voice memo to a group).
Fix - Groups were not updating from the cloud when they changed unless you force quit the app or rebooted the iPhone. Now groups are updated when the groups window opens each time.
Fix -Could not email to groups with iOS 6 due to privacy settings for Contacts. (Say it Mail it was not showing up in the Settings app in Privacy/Contacts)
This was only happening in new devices that had never had Say it Mail it installed. Devices that had upgraded from an earlier iOS when Say it Mail it was installed were working with groups.
Counter timer for recording time was shifting behind the maps icon when wireless hotspot was active.
Accessability for the blind was speaking two times when the Reset button was tapped. Only should speak once.
New app icon and main screen graphics
Fix - Incorrect map position when using version 4.2.2
Added warning if movie attached is greater than 17000 bytes
Compatible with iOS 5
Fix- App would quit if there was no account set up in the Mail app.
Fix - Tap on microphone and beep sound would sometimes be at the beginning of the recording and occasionally cause a hang. Same symptom when using proximity recording or shake to record.
Don't use previous audio, photo or movie if device has been shut down and restarted (multitasking devices).
Feature - Supports Accessibility Voiceover for those who are sight impaired or blind. When Voiceover is enabled, buttons are spoken with hints when you tap on them.
Fix - Sleep problems with iOS 4.1
Compatible with iOS 4.1
Fix - Make it less likely that you will accidently activate proximity sensor recording.
Also, now a preference option to turn off Proximity Recording.
Added 10 minute timer to do a reset after email sent.
If it does ask you if you want to delete the audio during startup and you say Delete, it now deletes the photo and movie also.
Added TIP for tapping on the microphone to start and stop recording.
New feature - Hold the phone to your ear to start recording automatically. Move the phone away, recording stops and the email window automatically opens. Tap Send.
New feature - Tap on the microphone to start recording. Tap again to stop recording and open the email window.
Fix - previous version 4.0.2 would not run with iPhone OS 3.
Fix - If you shut down your iPhone while this app was multitasking, the next time you launched it you might get a message that you had an audio file that had not been emailed. That was a false message.
NOTE: THIS VERSION ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH iOS 4. THE NEXT VERSION WILL BE BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE.
Feature - Now supports multitasking on iOS 4 with 3Gs or iPhone 4.
Fix - Recording level meter was only half width on an iPhone 4
Fix - Added a warning when movies you take are larger than 5 megs. You need to get the movie from the camera roll and then it will be compressed smaller for emailing.
Fix - Was hanging when you took a new movie or selected a movie from the camera roll and then tried to record audio with iOS 4.
5. Audio recording, picture and map screenshot are now cleared when you re-enter the app with multitasking if Email has been sent in the previous session.
Fix - iOS 4 compatible and backwards compatible to OS 3.2.1
Compatible with iOS 4
Added a 10 minute recording warning message.
Added Bcc switch to group email.
Added a Reset button which clears the recording, picture and GPS map screenshot.
Note: Shortly after this version was released, an incompatibility was discovered with GPS Map locations and iPhone OS 3 causing the app to crash when the map switch is on.
Version 4.0.1 was submitted on June 19 to make it backwards compatible with iPhone OS 3 and compatible with iOS 4.
Compiled for faster optimized armv6 and armv7 processors.
Fix - Preference Option to 'Include "file attached" info for audio, photo and map' was always disabled but the switch was always on. Now correctly remembers the switch position.
Has the following features and fixes.
1. You can choose between Road Map or Satellite view when looking at the map location to confirm where you are. (Older versions have Road Map view only).
2. The map view updates every two seconds in version 1.2 so it has a chance to re-draw the map before drawing another one.
3. Changed minimum map accuracy to 350 meters instead of 200 meters.
4. iPod Touch was displaying the last location found if it could not find a current location.
5. iPod Touch location will clear after two minutes if it is not able to obtain a location.
6. IPod Touch will always do a test for an internet connection when you turn on the location switch.
7. If you quit out of the app after taking a picture, the picture is not saved. This is normally OK because you emailed the picture. However, if you get distracted and forget to email the picture and then quit, you would need to take the picture again. Version 1.2 fixes this by noticing that you took a picture and then quit without emailing. Then the next time you run the app, you have a choice to use the old photo or delete it. This also solves the problem of incoming phone calls which cause the app to quit when you accept a call.
8. If you received a phone call while recording and declined it, The 'Mail it' button was disabled. With this new version, after you decline a call, you can tap the 'Play it' button to listen to your partial recording and then 'Mail it'. (Or tap the 'Say it' button to re-record the message).
9. Added a Done button to the keyboard in the info window.
• Include your location in the email. The location will be a link taking you to an active Google Map where you have all the standard controls for zoom, satellite view, directions etc. If you send email to an iPhone, tapping on the link in the email will launch the map application to show the location on the map. If someone receives the email on a Mac or PC, the link will open the browser and take them to the Google map page.
• Displays the file size of the recording.
• Displays the file size of the photo.
• Displays long date and time info below "Audio File Attached" in body of email.
• Displays startup screen with "loading... text" message
• Displays welcome screen with instructions to push "Info" button for first time users.
• Displays more information to the Info window.
• Produces a clicking sound when you tap "Stop it".
• Deletes the audio and photo files when you quit the app.
• Lowered the 'Play' volume to avoid playback distortion when you have the volume at max.
• Added underscore to the file name as "Voice_Recording.wav" for better compatibility.
• Time was displaying "13:xx PM" in the Subject instead of "01:xx PM".
The quick and easy way to send voice memos from your iPhone or iPod Touch
Note for version 1.1 or later
For your privacy, map location services will not be used until the location switch on.
Tap the map icon in the main window to open the map location window. Then slide the switch on.
NOTE: Starting with version 1.4, the switch turns on automatically when you tap the map icon. You can turn it back off if you wish.
PO Box 318
Driftwood, TX 78619
Copyright 2009, Carnation Software. All Rights Reserved.